It’s yet another Thursday and you know what that means, it’s time to turn the pages of our recipe book. Chicken is a great meal when looking at white meats but sometimes, one’s taste might long for another bird. Today’s recipe will help with that, we have charcoal grilled quail.
You will need:
- 2-4 fresh quail- spatchcooked/ butterflied
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- Half a kilogramme of cassava- peeled, cut into chunks
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix the olive oil, lemon, garlic and salt
- Rub the mixture into the quail, let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour
- Grill on a medium/ hot fire until the meat is cooked
- Boil the cassava in salted water until tender
- Let it cool, then deep fry in vegetable oil until golden
- This meal can be used as a snack or mail course and goes well with cassava fries, salad or vegetables.
Sourced from: Bring the Taste of Mozambique and Beyond To Your Table by Cello Santos