The warm days of summer have not quite left us and the cold winter days are pulling us closer, so we are stuck somewhere in between. Hence we find ourselves looking for something warm but with a taste of summer. There is no better dish than Fish Casserole in days like these.
You will need:
- A kilogramme whole white fish- cleaned and cut into cutlets (include head)
- A large onion- sliced into rings
- 2 ripe, medium sized tomatoes- sliced into rings
- 2 cloves of garlic- thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rock salt
- 1 green and 1 red chilli- finely chopped (optional)
- A lemon- sliced
- Place the fish, onion, tomato and garlic in a large pot
- Add salt and a cup of water
- Cook slowly on a medium to low heat for approx. 30 minutes.
Sourced from Bring the Taste of Mozambique & Beyond to your Table by Cello Santos