Looking for something special, traditional and easy to make to put along your dinner Sunday afternoon lunch? Why not try making some Madeiran potatoes?
You will need:
- 1 pound peeled potatoes, cut in pieces
- 2 hard boiled eggs,
- ½- 1 cup of milk
- Generous tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Grated Azorean cheese (optional)
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the potatoes in water. In a large bowl, reserving the egg whites, using just the cooked yolks of the eggs, mash them with a small amount of milk.
- Drain and transfer the potatoes to the bowl. Mix in the remaining milk, butter, onion, with the yolks and salt to taste, turning carefully to coat evenly. Transfer the ingredients to an oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle stop with grated cheese if using.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven just long enough to turn golden on top. Serve with garnish of finely chopped parsley and chopped egg white.
Check out: Portuguesecooking.com