If you’re a guy, you will know that there is nothing better than sinking your teeth into a nice and tender steak.
But because this is Senhor Cabo, not just any old steak will do, so here is a recipe that will help you keep your meat sizzling with Portuguese flavour.
How to make Portuguese steak
Firstly, you will need:
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 2(8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons tomato paste
- 2tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 2slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2tablespoons parsley
- Mash the garlic with the salt. Mix in the pepper,parsley, and bay leaf,forming a paste. Season the steaks on both sides with the paste.place in a deep sided dish.
- Slowly pour the wine over the meat and marinate at least 2 hours(better overnight).
- Reserving the marinade remove steaks . Heat the butter and oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Fry the steaks 3 minutes each side.Remove to a clean plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the reserved marinade to the hot pan and deglaze the browned bits . Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the cream. Place over med-low heat. Return the steaks to the pan and cook about three minutes. Sauce will thicken.
- While the steaks are cooking fry the eggs in a separate pan.
- Plate the steaks placing a fried egg on top of each, followed by a red pepper. Pool some sauce around the steak and serve with fried potatoes.
- A traditional Portuguese meal.
This recipe just makes your mouth water, and just in time for the weekend. Enjoy that delicious Portuguese Steak while watching the non stop weekend sports action.