If you are anything like me, then you too will love sea food, and there’s nothing like a good Paella. But little did I know that there were different kinds of Paella. Recently I discovered a Portuguese Paella, that looks really delicious.
So this is what you will need:
- 6 skinless chicken thighs(about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemaryor 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 link Portuguese chourico, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio riceor 1 1/2 cups other medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup asparagus, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Now that you have the ingredients, here is what you will have to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven proof nonstick skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add chourice and cook until lightly browned.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add rice, tomato, paprika, saffron and garlic; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; bring to boil.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil, cover pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, asparagus, and peas.
Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are no longer translucent.
Sourced from: Food.com