- 1 1⁄2lbs pork shoulder, cubed, boneless
- 1large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4garlic cloves
- 1chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 2bay leaves
- 14ounces tomatoes, chopped (1 can)
- 2tablespoons tomato puree, heaping
- 50ounces white wine
- 1cup chicken stock
- 8ounces chorizo sausage, skin removed and thickly sliced
- 2dozen clams, small hardshell
- 1cup coriander, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pot and brown pork in bunches. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, add garlic, chili, paprika.
- and bay leaves and cook for three more minutes. Then stir in tomatoes, wine and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the pork and chopped chorizo and cook covered for 45 minutes until the pork is tender.
- Add the clams then cover and cook for 5 minutes more until clams open. Stir coriander through stew and serve immediately with rice.