POUSADAS PESTANA A SUCESS STORY

0
204

Pestana Inns Group attained revenues of EUR 40 million in 2017, an increase of 14% compared to 2016 and hotel group sources estimate that 2018 may still be better.

The Pestana Group has a contract to operate Enatur inns ”pousadas“ since 2004, when state owned resorts network, consisting of 43 hostels, with an average of 25 rooms per inn, totalling about 1,000 rooms was privatized.

The total room capacity was increased in recent years to 1400 rooms after the Pestana Group got the contract to operate a further 33 Enatur inns and invested over 50 million Euros to restructure the network.

A great percentage of the revenues of the “pousadas” are from the catering segment of the hostels, from parties, celebrations and wedding events which has benefited from the improvement of the economic situation in Portugal.

The Pestana Group has also added four new inns in Porto, Viseu, Lisbon and Cascais and made the improvement and expansion of others.

The Pestana Pousadas Group manages 49% of Enatur inns, while the state controls 51% of the network through the Tourism of Portugal.

The Pestana Pousadas is held at about 95% by the Pestana Group, while the company Fundação do Oriente has the remaining 5%.

The Pestana Group started more than sixty years ago with investments in the hotel business and property in South Africa and in Mozambique to move later to Madeira.

The second generation of Pestana investors created an international enterprise with a dimension of the major hotel companies in the world.


 

O Grupo Pestana Pousadas obteve receitas de 40 milhões de euros em 2017, mais 14% face a 2016, resultado também da reorganização da rede nos últimos anos, onde investiram mais de 50 milhões de euros.

O ano de 2017 alcançaram valores globais de receita da ordem dos 40 milhões de euros, um crescimento de 14% face a 2016, “2018 ainda pode ser melhor”.

Contribuiu para este sucesso o segmento da restauração dentro das pousadas que está “a beneficiar da melhoria da situação em Portugal”, traduzindo-se em “mais casamentos e eventos” naqueles locais.

O Grupo Pestana tem a concessão das pousadas desde 2004, o início da privatização da Enatur a rede que era constituída por 43 pousadas, com cerca de 1.000 quartos, numa média de 25.

Atualmente, as pousadas controladas pelo Grupo Pestana Pousadas constituem uma rede de 33, com de mais de 1.400 quartos.

Desde a privatização das pousadas estatais da Enatur o Grupo Pestana fez investimentos em quatro pousadas de raiz no Porto, Viseu, Lisboa e Cascais, bem como a melhoria e ampliação de outras, num “valor acima dos 50 milhões de euros.

Grupo Pestana Pousadas controla 49% da Enatur, proprietária da marca e de um conjunto de pousadas que integram a rede, sendo 51% do Estado, através do Turismo de Portugal.

O Grupo Pestana Pousadas é detido em cerca de 95% pelo Grupo Pestana, tendo a Fundação Oriente aproximadamente os restantes 5%.

LEAVE A REPLY